Cupcakes are actually made from the same ingredients with other cakes. In the United Kingdom, cupcakes are called as fairy cakes. No one knows exactly when the first cupcakes were created, but many people in America say that this cake came in 19th century. Some people say that eating cupcakes can make them feel younger because of the frosty sensation offered by cupcakes.
Cupcakes are good choice for snack because of its small size. You can easily buy these cakes at bakeries or grocery stores near you. The first cupcake was chocolate cupcake, but today, there are many cupcakes flavors that we can find at bakeries. Every bakery in United States has its own cupcakes recipes, so if there are 1,000 bakeries in US, it means there are more than 1,000 cupcakes recipes. There are thousands recipes of cupcakes on internet.
Chocolate still becomes the favorite flavor of cupcakes. If you like to make and to eat chocolate chip cupcakes, you can follow simple cupcakes recipe below. This recipe is enough to make one dozen cupcakes. All ingredients and equipments used in this recipe are available at grocery store. Besides chocolate chips, you can add other ingredients on top of the cupcakes.
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (95 g)
· 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (0.8 g)
· 1/8 teaspoon salt (0.8 g)
· 1/4 cup butter, softened (55 g)
· 2 tablespoons white sugar (25 g)
· 1/4 cup brown sugar (55 g)
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
· 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (80 g)
1. Combine together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. Mix the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth
3. Add 1 egg and vanilla extract and mix them until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until they are completely blended.
4. Add in the chocolate chips; mix them for about 1 minute to combine them evenly. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
5. Pre-heat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, it takes about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.
7. It is best to serve the cupcakes with hot tea or hot coffee.